Clear pricing offers that won’t break the bank.
The chances are that when your car arrives at our workshop for an air conditioning service it will simply be because it is not working, and the main reason that it will not be working is because it is low on, or out of refrigerant gas. So we will always start along the process by carrying out a re-gas procedure, and because we recognise that you have no desire to give us ‘a blank cheque’ we give you two alternatives.
1. Evacuation and Re–charge. A basic no frills service:
- Analyse the gas in the system (if any).
- Carry out a brief inspection of components where possible.
- Recover, filter and dry any gas within a charging station.
- Evacuate the system for ten minutes.
- Vacuum test for leaks for five minutes.
- Re-charge with correct quantity of gas.
- Leak test system using Corona (Sniff) tester.
- Check system performance and pressure.
All at a cost of just £65.00 including vat.
If a leak is found or the system fails to work at the end of the process we will remove the gas and charge a reduced fee of just £50.00.
You can elect to have leak trace dye added and this will cost you £10.00 including vat when done at the same time as the above.
Finally, remember this is a very basic service and should not be confused with our much more comprehensive Full Air Conditioning Service that incorporates Industry Best Practice to ensure the best result.
2. The Full Air Conditioning Service:
- Gas analysis.
- Visual check of all components inc belts and electrical connections.
- Gas recovery, filtration and drying.
- Cleaning and inspection of condensor.
- Purging system to remove air with Oxygen Free Nitrogen.
- Pressure testing system to minimum 15 bar.
- Anti–fungal/Antibacterial treatment of evaporator.
- Deep vacuum of system to remove residual moisture.
- Vacuum test for leakage.
Introduction of leak test dye.(To help detect any leak that occurs at a later date)
- Re–charge with correct quantity of gas.
- Check system for performance and pressure.
- Re–check system for leaks.
Check/unblock evaporator drain.
Only £115.00 including vat.
This comprehensive service represents superb value for money especially as we offer you two safeguards:
- If during the above process we find a problem that will stop the system working properly we will abort the service and charge a maximum of £65.00 including vat.
- Should your air conditioning fails within three months and you ask us to carry out repairs the re–gas element will be without cost to you.
A note of caution.
We cannot over stress that the procedures above are services and not repairs, so although the work that we carry out is fully guaranteed, there is no implication that once we have carried out this work that the rest of the air conditioning system will then be in good condition and work without fault.